Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

 

HAVE VACCINE, WILL TRAVEL!

By Pam Walker

I traveled a lot when I was young. My Dad, a man in the business, flew his own single engine  plane for years and years . When we weren’t flying with him, we went everywhere on big jets.   I can still remember all the prep:

-Go to the bank, exchange money

-Get those aggravating Travelers Checks!

-Go to the travel agency to pick up paper tickets and documents!

-Endless phone calls to complete the simplest of booking.

And we did it- why?...... BECAUSE WE REALLY WANTED TO TRAVEL!!!

And now, the reality is that these things are so very minor in the grand scheme of things. Forms for nearly any open destination are electronic, a ton of hotels will bring doctors to your room for a 5 second swab, Countries all over the world are making onsite processes easier than ever with VIP arrival services.  When you think about how far we've come in travel, this stuff is nothing.

Undoubtedly, that is why I ended up in the travel industry and visited 127 countries….UNTIL THE PANDEMIC!!!

Having been unable to travel for more than a year, like everyone else…I will do almost anything to be able to go somewhere!  Even by doing the right thing and getting the vaccine.

I am now totally glad I did!   As the world opens up and Covid cases are dropping…. if you have been vaccinated….countrys around the world are letting you in!

I would list the ones that will accept US visitors, but the list is getting so long and changing every day, I can’t do so on these pages.  That said, Europe, (mainly France and Italy as well as the UK) are going to open to vaccinated people .  Cruises are sailing again too...for vaccinated people mostly.

So the good news is everywhere…..Have Vaccine…definitely will travel!!!!

 


No comments: