Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

STOP THE WORLD, I WANT TO GET OFF!



 Stop the World - I want to get off!  That was a show on Broadway in 1961 which was later turned into a movie and a book.  I never saw or read any of them as I was a teenager then and I could have cared less about what was going on in the world.

I care now!  Especially today as it is Veterans Day.  We have so much to thank our Veterans for as they have done so much to bring peace to our world…even though their history is sometimes very grim.

Has  the world has gone crazy?.  We have wars in the Ukraine and the horrible war between Israel and Hamas, and we also have politicians warning us that China is soon going to try to take over Taiwan which, of course, would start another war.  And people marching for killers here in the US and elsewhere!!!  In early world history….the ancient tribes fought against one another for power and viable lands to produce food and in particular wealth for themselves.  It seems as if this is a never-ending cycle and continues today.

 

When I was that teen many years ago, all I wanted to do was see the world.  After spending time with friends in Argentina and in Peru, all I wanted to do was to help people to be as lucky as I was by traveling and getting to know our planet without hate or prejudice.  The world is a big beautiful place.  Travel to Africa to see the amazing animals that once roamed our planet.  There are many wonderful people there as well with different customs. The history of Western Europe is fabulous with beautiful cathedrals and scenery and speaking different languages. South America has a wonderful history from the ancient Incas to the amazing people still living in the Amazon Basin much like they did eons ago.  Asia too has many beautiful customs and people.  The World is a beautiful and colorful place to be respected and loved..  So what better way to educate all of us by traveling and learning from each other?

The Holidays are coming.  Each country in the world has different traditions. What a wonderful time to visit and learn of each others special occasions.

Maybe I have never grown up enough to understand why there are so many conflicts in the world.

My motto is Travel and Make Peace the World Over.   I hope you share in my sentiments.  Let us all do our part to stop the craziness and make peace in our world.

Until next week, Be Safe and Be Well!  I’ll get off my “Soap Box” now!

 

No comments: