Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

TIME TO GET BUSY



    •  

      In any case, seeing as this is the start starts of the holiday season….I just wanted you all to be aware of some facts about passports and keeping up with its expiration!

      As I travel a lot, I am always on top of my dates….but have to tell you that I applied for a renewal of my Global Entry ( my 5th one) in early August and there is no movement on it to date.  It still says processing.  For some, it takes two weeks and others, like me…much longer. There is no “rhyme or reason”!  I called and was told that it can take up to 12 months to process and to use my expiring card until the new one is approved.

       

      This just brings up a point. As we head into the busiest travel days of the year, you’ve likely got a checklist of to-do items. 
      If traveling abroad is on your holiday to-do list this year, I hope you’ve verified that your passport has not expired.

      Most countries require visitors’ passports to be valid six months at the time of travel.  Some even consider the six-month period to begin on the date of your intended departure from the country. If your passport is about to expire or will be expiring within 6 months, now is the time to try and renew. Your State Representative the U.S. Department of State will not be able to help except in very limited emergency travel circumstances. The current wait times are horrendous!

       

      There are visa and Passport Services out there that will walk your paperwork through the process, but I have to tell you it is very very expensive to do so. 

      So please, if you are planning to travel in the next six months…please check the expiration dates on your passports and if you need my help with one of those companies mentioned above, do let me know.

      So until next week….enjoy your holiday coming up and Be Safe and Be Well.

      No comments: